Evolv Sunday Class
“Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way, on purpose in the present moment, non-judgmentally as if your life depended on it.” — Jon Kabat-Zinn
At EVOLV ATLANTA we learn to let go of fear, self-consciousness, insecurities, and negative self-talk by living in the moment and being a part of a community of talented, supportive, working artists.
Unleash your dreams with diligent practice on and off camera! Learn what power you have inside of you!
- The Chubbuck Technique as taught to Mr. Love in the Chubbuck Studio Master class and outlined in the book The Power of the Actor by Ivana Chubbuck.
- The MINDFUL ACTING Technique as outlined in the book The Mindful Athlete by Donald Mumford and used by elite athletes such as Phil Jackson’s NBA champs the Lakers and The Chicago Bulls.
- The EVOLV acting technique as developed by combining Mindfulness with technique and taught exclusively in the Evolv Acting Studios.
- Meditation – We focus on relaxing the body, breathing and incorporating MINDFULNESS while setting the intention for class
- Class Check-In – Class members introduce themselves, CHECK IN and share their goals for class.
- Teaching the Technique –Instructor Victor Love discusses subject matter based on CHUBBUCK TECHNIQUE, MINDFULNESS and other proven acting tools
- Break- Students can enjoy Octain Coffee, 6 Feet Under and other restaurants in the surrounding area. 15 mins allotted
- Reflections- Actors reflect on what they learned and will set agenda for the upcoming week
- Bring 2 hard copies of your memorized scene
- Pencil or pen
- SD card (your work will not be recorded if you do not have one)
- Be on time, which means be 15 minutes early
- Enter through back parking lot, through the hall to ELEVATOR FACTORY
- You are charged for all classes whether you attend or not. The exception is if you are working on an acting project or if the class is cancelled. There are no cash refunds. Excessive absences/or and continual tardiness are grounds for dismissal. If you are going to be late call the instructor as soon as you realize it.
- NO CALLS ARE ACCEPTED AFTER CLASS STARTS